View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 need help with a zephyr jtag 
Penny Fixer

Credits: 0
Post need help with a zephyr jtag
I was trying to jtag a zephyr board as my first xbox and I ran into a few problems. I soldered the jtag wiring using the transistor method and the aud_clamp and I have the cable soldered. I can read and write to the nand and I read 5 times and compared the dumps and they all are identical. now to flash xell to get the CPU key I used the coolshrimp jtag tool version 3.5 to flash xellous and it said that it did but when I connect it to the tv it gives a e79 error. i checked the wiring and everything looks good. also would it make a difference if i used the ft1u1 point instead of the db1f1. it's a zephyr board with 7363 dashboard i think and the CB is 4558. thanks.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:22 am
True XboxExpert

Credits: 57
Post Re: need help with a zephyr jtag
i have a falcon that would e79 8 out of 10 times. i fixed by using the aud_clamp and dvd tray method ive had better luck using diodes then i have with using transistors. on the jtag tool by coolshrimp theres an options tab or images tab,there you will find different wiring methods find the aud_clamp&dvd tray method,wire the console exacatly how the pic shows then reflash xell make sure you have the smc settings set for aud_clamp before flashing xell,then boot xell then create a new fb image,write to nand then you should be good to go.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:45 am
Penny Fixer

I changed the wiring and wrote xellous again and I chose the right settings in jtag tool and it gave e79 again. it may have been that before I tried flashing different versions so now I am flashing back to original nand and then I will try again.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:44 pm
True XboxExpert

are you using a hdd when trying to boot the console? if so try without first. if still e79 then flash back original and try booting.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:50 pm
Penny Fixer

I dont have a hard drive so that isn't any issue. is it possible that the version of xellous that the jtag tool has is the wrong version for this board? after it flashes back to original I will try to flash xellous again because before I was trying different things and it is possible that I wrote to farther in the nand so after the original is there It may work. If not though is it possible that the version isn't compatible? mabye If I could find a different version that is compatible and then flash it with nandpro.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:15 pm
Penny Fixer

I flashed back to the original and then flashed xellous and It comes up to the normal dashboard. I tried turning on by the eject button and by the power button and both times it went to the stock dashboard. it had the jtag wires installed also and I thought it would give a error if the wires were installed on a stock dashboard. it just wouldn't go to xellous so I cant get the CPU key.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:26 pm
Penny Fixer

I managed to get xell on it and I got the CPU key. I created the freeboot image and it started to show the startup logo and halfway through showing the logo It went to e79.I wrote the freeboot image through the lpt cable but should I write through xell? I heard you could do that but if so how?

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:54 pm
True XboxExpert

have you tried getting rid of the transistor and using diodes? ive not used the lpt to write i use the spi nand flasher so i cant help you there :oops:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:01 am
Penny Fixer

I finally got it to work, before after I changed to diodes I had clicked write xellous and it didn't work and then I tried write xell under the jtag tool and then that worked.I got the freeboot image on it and now I am working on getting freestyle dashboard. thank you for helping me.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:02 pm
True XboxExpert

kool,i suggested diodes first off,there all i ever use. if you need help with getting fsd going let us know. heres a great place to get dashboards for fsd http://spiffy360.com/

Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next