View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 JTAG and Reset Glitch hack questions 
XE Knowledge Base

XBL-Tag: redstern837
Credits: 0
Post JTAG and Reset Glitch hack questions
So I know both of these allow you to run unsigned code, but what is the real difference in terms of what you can do. Like is there some things you can do with a JTAG that you can't do with a reset glitch hack, or the other way around. And can you run both of them at the same time.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:42 pm
True XboxExpert

Credits: 57
Post Re: JTAG and Reset Glitch hack questions
im not to familar with the rgh hack but as far as i know the jtag was only good for up to 7371 dashboards,and rgh is for anything above that.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:01 am
X-Clamp Fixer

XBL-Tag: henritzy
i have the jtag connected to my mobo and i plug it in and it my pc shows a controller connected sometimes it doesnt but even if it desnt the box still wont turn on.. any suggestions? also when i run cmd nandpro.exe lpt: -r16 nand1.bin a msg say dlportio.sys device driver not loaded port i/o will have no effect?

Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:25 pm
Heatgunner

the connection issue sounds like a solder problem..

as for the box doing nothing when the power button is pressed.. no green light, no boot nothing... I've only seen 3 problems that can cause that...

#1 bad daughter board,. solution swap out the power button board with another..
#2 broken usb port... solution check all usb ports, remove pins from broken ports..
#3 your were trying a rgh and messed up the stby-clk line.. pulled pad or trace.. solution. make jumper...

Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:30 am
Professional

XBL-Tag: Seany B83
Originally only the JTAG hack existed, which allowed you to run unsigned code and flash Freeboot or XReboot to your nand ( a hacked version of NXE dash). Once this was on there you could open up all the hidden treasures of your xbox. After dash 7371 microsoft wrote some code which stopped the hacker being able to write xell to the nand and install either Freeboot or XReboot (both essentially the same). Then after a while some gifted hackers developed the reset glitch hack which circumvented m$ new defence. I think RGH also allows you to write Freeboot or XReboot to the Nand or a nand substitute, not sure as I've only done the JTAG hack.

If you have a dash earlier than 7371 then do the JTAG hack as it is easier and cheaper. They both allow you to do the same things with your box, its simply a question of which dash you have, pre 7371 - JTAG, post 7371 - RGH.

codysean, have you completed the jtag hack or are you trying to read the nand? I found when my box wouldn't power up that I had soldered one of the diode legs too far throught he board and it was in contact with the shell, once I desoldered it and pulled it back, it powered on. Otherwise check your nand reader soldering and drivers.

Good luck.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]