View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 360 S E71 Help please 
Penny Fixer

Credits: 0
Post 360 S E71 Help please
Hey everyone,

I am working on my first slim right now. It came to me with the E71 error. I researched it on this site, and looks like it is usually caused by a failed dashboard update. I found that the console will power up correctly, and I get green lights with the traditional welcome screen, but it throws a red light and E71 error message before making it to the dashboard.

So far, I have tried holding the sync button down while powering on the console to try to purge any failed updates. That did not work for me.

I would really appreciate any advice on what steps to take next. The console does show signs of being opened previously, but it still has the x clamp, and so far, I have not seen any signs of any hardware having been changed, removed etc.

I could really use some guidance on this one. Thanks very much in advance for any advice.

-Brandon

Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]